Women Supporting Women is turning 25 years old in 2018! Our non-profit has come a long way and we could not be more grateful to our founders who put their minds together many years ago and started serving breast cancer survivors on Delmarva. Our services have evolved from support groups and monthly newsletters to prosthesis fittings, our lift chair loaner program and online Facebook support group; to name a few.
In 2018 there will be many new opportunities for our community and breast cancer survivors. Let’s start with our new website, www.womensupportingwomen.org. Our staff has worked very hard to make it more user friendly, more informational with local resources and even added an event calendar to showcase WSW events and third party fundraisers. Mark your calendars for our upcoming events:
- New! Support Group in Ocean Pines at the Richard A. Henson Cancer Institute – meet the 2nd Thur. of each month at 6:30 PM
- New! Stitch Therapy (knitting/crochet group) in Ocean Pines at the Richard A. Henson Cancer Institute – meet the 2nd Mon. of each month from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Stretch & Sip – Feb. 7
- 17th Annual Pink Ribbon Bingo – Mar. 8
- Bras for a Cause – May TBD
- Your Healthiest You Conference – May 19
- Million By May – ends in May
- Ride for Awareness – July 14
- Open House and Ribbon Cutting – July 26
- Seagull Century – Oct. 6
- Walk for Awareness – Oct. 13
- Wine Fest – Oct. 19 – 21
- Midway Walk – Oct. TBD
- Light the River – Oct. 26
- Silver and Pink Hope Gala – Nov. TBD
While the latest and greatest is exciting, we don’t want to forget the “oldies but goodies.” Throughout this year, we will be sharing photos and memories of those we have lost, those we have cherished and those we fight for every day. Check our Facebook page and newsletters for content. It seems only fitting the begin at the beginning with our founders, Carol Prager, Sue Revelle, and Harriette Fine.
Thank you ladies for your vision and devotion.